Setting up SIP Accounts¶
Registering at Linphone.org¶
Registering at OpenSIPS.org¶
- Go to http://voip.opensips.org/account/reg/index.php in your web browser.
- Enter your name and email address, pick a username, SIP alias and password:
- Confirm your email address by following the link in the received email.
- Remember your SIP credentials from the opened window:
- Go to http://voip.opensips.org/account/ if you wish to administer your account.
Registering at IPTel.org¶
- Go to https://serweb.iptel.org/user/reg/index.php in your web browser.
- Enter your name, email, traditional phone number, pick your username and password:
- Wait until your application is approved.
- Confirm your email address by following a link in the received email.
- Go to https://serweb.iptel.org/user/index.php and enter your username and password.
Registering at Sip2sip.info¶
- Go to https://mdns.sipthor.net/register_sip_account.phtml in your web browser.
- Pick a username and password, enter your name and email address:
- Wait for an email with SIP settings.
Set up your smartphone up to use your new SIP account¶
There are quite a few VoIP apps available. Typically you'll need your account name/user name, password, the server to connect to, and sometimes other info like which port to use.
LinPhone has a nice one:
Apple App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/linphone/id360065638?mt=8
Or you can use the native Android client.
Set up WiPhone up to use your new SIP account¶
You'll need to set the account you want to connect to as primary:
Select the account you want to make primary and then set the option Make primary.
After you select your primary account it will attempt to connect to the SIP server. If it's successful, the color of the active (primary) sip account icon will change to green. If it fails the icon will be red.